- Be sure you’re getting enough protein each day! (Snacks should contain protein too, not just meals!)
- Eat small amounts of food more frequently (at least every 3 hours) to avoid drops in blood sugar.
- Watch portions! You’d be surprised that “eating for 2” doesn’t equate to as many calories as you would think. On average, depending on your activity level, most women only need an extra 300 calories per day in pregnancy.
- Stay hydrated by drinking enough water!
- You’re growing a human being, eat a variety of fresh, whole foods to get adequate nutrients!